Stress can affect your whole body, including your hair, nails, and skin. Since stress is a part of life, what matters is how you handle it.
Stress happens to everyone, but since you can’t avoid your job, bills, or life, the best thing to do is learn to manage the stress. This includes eating healthy, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and taking care of yourself in general.
Stress causes a chemical response in your body that makes skin more sensitive and reactive. It can also make it harder for skin problems to heal.
Stress can affect our bodies in many different ways. When we are stressed, our body releases more cortisol which can throw off our hormones. Cortisol tells glands in your skin to make more oil. Oily skin is more prone to acne and other skin problems.
Stress can aggravate psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema. It can also cause hives and other types of skin rashes and trigger a flare-up of fever blisters.
Ways to Ease the Effects of Your Skin Stress
You probably can’t avoid stress completely, but you can try ways to handle it better. Try these approaches:
- Don’t neglect your skin. Take care of it, even if you’re tired.
- Get regular exercise. It’s good for your skin and the rest of your body.
- Take time for yourself to do something you enjoy, even if you only have 10 minutes. Take a bath or read a book.
- Take a walk around the block.
- Practice stress management techniques, such as breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, or visual imagery.
- Get enough sleep. Seven to 8 hours each night is ideal.
- Say no. It’s OK to set limits and boundaries to lower your stress.
- Talk to someone. Seek support from a friend or a professional therapist.
The NEW Obagi360TM System which launched in June 2016, is a simple, complete approach to preserving youthful skin. Multi-tasking products work together to gently rejuvenate and maintain youthful looking skin. State of the art ingredients combine to create easy-to-use formulations that leave the skin feeling smooth and soft.
All ages. All skin types. There’s an Obagi for everyone. “Obagi for Life” is their commitment to you and a lifetime of beautiful, healthy-looking skin.
Their role as a worldwide leader in skin health is based on a belief that regardless of your age or skin type, there truly is an Obagi for everyone.
The Obagi360 TM Exfoliating Cleanser works to help clear clogged pores while Retinol will refine the complexion for clearer looking skin.
For those that are acne prone, the Obagi CLENZIderm M.D TM Systems contain a solubilised form of 5% benzoyl peroxide that will penetrate the skin to target acne from the root.